The Best Value Golf GPS Watches
If you’re on this page you are probably interested in finding the best golf GPS watch to improve your golf. However, the use of technology in the game of golf is something which divides opinion. Below we’ve reviewed the best value Golf GPS watches which we believe will supercharge your golf.
There are those who are passionately against any tech being used in the modern game. Whereas there are others who are strong supporters of using anything which will help improve your enjoyment of the game, such as a golf watch. What is clear though is that the use of GPS technology (Global Positioning System) will definatley improve your golf.
In our research to find the best value golf GPS watches we surveyed a group of 123,000 golfers to find out which Golf GPS they would recommend, and ask for real-life feedback on the benefits of each type. In our research and responses there were 5 Golf GPS which came through as the best value options, we’ve listed these below.
What is the Best Value Golf Watch 2021?
- Garmin S62 (Overall Best GPS Golf Watch)
- TecTecTec ULT-G (Best Budget Golf GPS Watch)
- Shotscope V3 (Best Additional Features GPS Watch)
- Garmin S10 (Best Value Golf GPS Watch)
- Garmin S20 (Best Mid-Range Golf GPS Watch)
My personal choice is the Garmin S10 Approach GPS Golf Watch, I chose this due to it being very simple to use, extremely light weight (I hardly know I’m wearing it), its accuracy with distances and it’s ability to easily sync with your phone or PC – all for a great value price.
The Best Value Golf GPS Watches – The Details
This is one of the best GPS golf watches available. It has so many features it can only help improve your game! It does lose some marks as as it is the most expensive on our list but read below and you’ll see some of the amazing features which make this worth every penny!
- Very large watch face screen, this makes it really easy to see the details on of the hole you are playing.
- The information displayed on the screen is very clear, such as bunker, or water hazard locations on the watch face.
- After 5 rounds it learns what club selection is best for your game, with the use of their ‘Virtual Caddie’ it suggests clubs based on your typical distances – WOW!
- One of the other cool features is that the face stays on, unlike the apple watch and some other GPS which turn off until you press the wake button.
- Can be used as an everyday watch, with interchangeable straps.
- You can also link a bank card to your Garmin S62 GPS watch, so if you need to pay for drinks after your round you don’t have to worry about hunting for your wallet!
- Excellent battery life, this can easily last 3 rounds.
- Finally the time to locate satellites at the start of your round is much quicker than other models. A real benefit, especially if your running late for your tee time!
This is a great value budget GPS golf watch option. Don’t be put off by the brand name. It has many of the features of the Garmin watches but at a much lower price – it is still a very effective Golf GPS watch.
- Very accurate with the measurements when tested against other models.
- We liked how clear the hazard identification was to judge and understand easily calculating how far you had to lay up to a green side bunker or water hazard.
- Lightweight and comfortable, I hardly knew I was wearing it on the course.
- Battery life was good but it will require charging in between rounds. Also, the battery will last a long time, but it isn’t changeable.
- It did take some time to find the GPS satellites when on the 1st Tee, take this into consideration if you’re late to the course which is reflected in our rating.
- Excellent price on Amazon, and with UK tech support should you have any problems this is one of the best value golf GPS watches.
When it comes to additional features, and having more than just a GPS golf watch, the Shot Scope V3 has to be your top choice! This is the next watch I will buy – Read on to see the amazing features and why this must be on your list too.
- One of the most accurate GPS golf watches, using 2 GPS antennas. It quickly loads your course from the satellites with no delay. Unlike some other models where you’ll be on the 1st green by the time its found your course, there are no worries with the V3!
- The screen display is very clear, even in bright sunshine. This makes it really quick and easy to see your distances, and the hazards, which are also easy to navigate using the GPS watch.
- The battery life is also excellent, with over 10 hours of life. This can also be used as an everyday watch. When on the course, depending on how quickly you play, you could easily get 3 rounds from the V3.
- The club ‘tags’ that it comes with are by far the best feature! If you like to analyse of all aspects of your game from tee to green this watch is for you. The data it keeps will certainly improve your game, and even reduce your handicap. The tags allow you to know how far you hit the ball from driver to wedge, and you can edit your round afterwards on the Shot Scope app to record your round and enter in all of the details to allow better analysis of your game.
- By far with the additional features, the accuracy and screen display, this is one of the best value golf GPS watches on our list, we would 100% recommend – and it all comes in at less than £200 – WOW!
I personally use this watch so I might be a bit biased, however, if you are looking for a really simple, easy to use, lightweight GPS watch option look no further than the Garmin S10 Approach Watch.
- Although the screen display is smaller than other models listed, it is still a very clear, high-resolution display. It can also be seen even in sunlight.
- The accuracy of the Garmin S10 Approach was excellent, we tested it against other GPS watches and golf rangefinders and found it to be accurate within 1 yard of the most expensive model.
- Hazards analysis and lay-up points on the course are very easy to see. By easily scanning through the hole you can see where the sand and water hazards are located you can accurately chose the bet shot.
- This GPS watch syncs with the Garmin Golf app on your phone so that you can upload your round after your game. It can also be synced with you PC or laptop to provide further analysis and keeping a record of your improvement progress.
- There is sometimes a short delay in reaching the satellites to bear this in mind, however, when they have been located you can easily navigate to the correct course – even if there are other nearby courses.
- Finally in my own use I easily played 3 rounds of golf before charging the watch – I could probably have played a 4th and it would have still lasted, this is great battery life.
- As I said, I use this each round so I’m a bit biased but for me it does everything I need, and all costing just over £100 this is why it made the list of one of the best value golf GPS watches.
The Garmin S20 is an excellent mid-range GPS watch. It covers all of the features of the lower priced models, whilst having smoe of the features of the top priced GPS watches. All for a mid-range price.
- Screen display is excellent, and has lots of features which are really easy to navigate.
- It tells you which hole you’re on, tells you where you are on the hole, keeps your score, tells you how far you’ve hit a shot, also how far to hazards and allows you to analyse your game once you have finished your round and downloaded the details.
- It has 40,000 courses in it so, wherever you are in the world it is likely to have that course in it. It takes about a minute to acquire satellites to get its position so you need to switch it on a little before stepping onto the tee.
- Battery life very good, lasts nearly a week – and charges very quickly. On the watch you can also use the fitness step counter to help track your activity fitness goals.
- Finally it comes with 3 x Approach CT10 Sensors which automatically track every shot, distance and location. It allows you to see how far you typically hit each club so you can choose the correct club for increased distance accuracy. This is a great feature to have but unlike the Shot Scope which provides 15 sensors, this watch only comes with 3 which you will have to interchange.
- All of this means that it was certain to make it onto the list of the best value golf GPS watches.
What is better a golf GPS or rangefinder?
With a GPS watch you only need to glance down at your wrist for the yardages to the green. While with a rangefinder you need to take it out from its case, hold it to your eye and focus on the pin. The GPS watch is definatley the quicker option for many golfers. However, if you want accurate yardages to the pin, sometimes that little extra time taken to get a specific measurement can help you have the best approach shot and improve your score. The Fun Golf choice however is both, for us there are situations where both will come in useful, and why should we compromise in aiming to shoot our best score! What do you think – comment below?
Why not have a look at our article of the Best Cheap Rangefinders to see if this is a better option for your game?
I hope you found this useful, to conclude my personal choice is the Garmin S10 Approach GPS watch. I find that this does just enough without distracting me too much from actually having to hit the ball – ha ha!
What is the best golf watch 2021?
My choice for the best golf watch 2021 is the Shot Scope V3. In our research of our Facebook group of the hundreds of responses this one came through loud and clear as the most popular model – the features, technology and price were excellent and meant that this golf watch covered all of the requirements for the best GPS golf watch.
Let me know which one you chose in the comments below. If you’re looking to further improve your golf score why not have a look at our best golf ball article or if you’re undecided have a read of our best budget golf rangefinders article.