The Best Golf Gloves for Beginners
What are the best Golf Gloves 2021? We can’t discuss golf without discussing the most important piece of equipment, golf gloves. Gloves are as important to a golfer as boots are to a footballer. Find out everything you need to know, including whether the all time best golfer Tiger Woods wears a golf glove? Read to the bottom to find out!
The Best Golf Gloves 2021
- Titleist Perma Soft Mens Golf Glove – (The classic leather golf glove which not only looks amazing but has excellent grip and a soft feel)
- FootJoy Men’s Pure Touch Limited Golf Gloves – (Leather gloves designed to be breathable but are incredibly soft)
- Callaway Golf Men’s Dawn Patrol Glove – Fun Golf Top Choice Golf Glove (Blended material provide a superb feel excellent moisture reduction and have increased breathability)
- Tour Flex by Cabretta Gloves – Best affordable alternative cabretta leather golf glove (Premium cabretta leather which provides a great fit)
The Best Golf Gloves 2021
- Cabretta leather offers a soft and comfortable feel
- Resists rain and perspiration which will dry soft and retain excellent grip
- Extremely durable
- The CoolMax mesh panel provide enhanced fit, for comfort and breathability as the hand moves
- Reinforced at the cuff and thumb to improve tear strength
- Velcro closure with stylish looking “Titleist 1” logo
Tour Flex by Cabretta Gloves – (Best affordable alternative cabretta leather golf glove)
- Premium cabretta leather provides great fit, comfort and durability
- Strengthened velcro enclosure with embossed Cabretta Gloves logo provide no interference with grip
- USGA conforming
- Perspiration Technology
- Affordable alternative to the leading industry brands
- Perspiration technology
- With prices ranging between £5.75 – £7.00 per glove with free UK delivery available this is an excellent value golf glove!
- Tour Tested, Player Approved – This leather glove is worn by the world’s best players.
- Tailored Precision Fit – The New ComfortBinding™ provides a smoother feel to the hand while strategic elastic placement aids in sculpting the glove to the hand.
- Meticulous Construction – Extended manufacturing process and strict quality assurance controls ensure a high level of cratfmanship.
- Powerful Grip Performance – This golf glove provides optimum grip performance.
- Exceptional Soft Feel – Uniquely prepared cabretta leather delivers extremely soft and supple feel.
- Targeted Elastic Placement – Tailor cut and strategically placed to deliver a precision fit.
- Precision Fit – The tailored cut design delivers a molded-like fit by conforming onto to your hand for excellent club contact. .
- Luxury Package Design – Golf glove has a very luxurious feel.
- Improved full premium leather construction for premium feel, fit and comfort
- Perforations on top of hand and fingers for moisture reduction and increased breathability
- Opti Fit adjustable closure for a thin, light and secure fit
- Stretch binding cuff gives a secure feel and better moisture absorption
The Callaway Golf Dawn Patrol Golf Glove was my choice of the three, the excellent fit, durability and comfortable feel gave this top choice of the three. It also was the best value price of the top three golf gloves. Have a watch of this video below to get a closer look.
Do you really need a Golf Glove?
The golf glove is worn to enhance the grip of the golf club. The last thing you want when you’re swinging the club is for the grip to slip out of your hand. Gloves also help to prevent the golf club from causing blisters to the hands of the player. This is sometimes caused by the sweating hands of the golfer, or by water from rainfall. Gloves help to enhance friction and firmness between the grip and the hand. In the rain it is definatley recommended to wear a glove, check out our guide to the best golf rain gloves to ensure your hands never slip off the grip.
Which Pro Golfers don’t wear gloves?
Some golfers prefer to play the game without gloves because it helps improve the feeling of the swing. This helps with the feeling and ensures a firm contact. However, most modern Pro golfers would strongly recommend that a glove is worn to provide better grip. This is the reason why golfers use one glove during a golf game, one hand provides grip, and the other provides the feel of the club. Fred Couples who was a Major Winner never wore a glove as he claimed it gave him a better feel of the club.
Does Tiger Woods wear a golf glove?
Tiger does in fact wear a golf glove for his drives and long iron shots. However, he 15 time Golf Major winner Tiger Woods has a preference of sometimes not wearing a golf glove for chipping. He claims it helps with the feel of the club for shorter shots. Tiger Woods also doesn’t wear a golf glove when putting as he prefers the feel of the club when on the green. There’s an excellent video below of Tiger Woods not wearing a golf glove during some pre-tournament chip shot practice.
What hand do I wear my Golf glove on?
Due to the fact that golf gloves are worn only, on one hand, there is a need for beginners to know which hand to wear their glove on. If you’re a beginner golfer you at least want to ‘look the part’ on the course.
Recommendations from experts is that the golf glove should be worn on the weak hand by the golfer. For a left-handed golfer, his glove should be worn on the right hand which is considered as his weak hand of the game. While for a right-handed golfer, his glove should be worn on the left hand this is considered as his weak hand of the game.
Is it OK to wear two golf gloves?
In wet weather it is acceptable to wear two golf gloves, playing in the rain isn’t fun, its even less fun if your club keeps slipping out of your hands. To counter this golfers use rain gloves like Footjoy Raingrip Gloves. Why not have a look at our article on the best golf rain gloves to improve your game. Another time when it is common to wear two gloves is in extreme cold weather. If your hands are cold in Golf you will struggle to grip the club effectively and this will impact your ability to shape the perfect shot into the green. If you’re playing in the cold you could have a look at the Callaway thermal grip golf gloves, these are thin and light but also come with a thermal fleece lining to keep your hands warm.
What size Golf glove should I wear?
It’s a cliche but a golf glove should ‘fit like a glove’. It should be tight, it needs to be snug around your palm like another layer of skin. There should be no loose material at the ends of your fingers as this will distract and affect your grip, and your swing. Footjoy are one of the leading brands in golf equipment and they specialize in Gloves. Have a look at the link below where they provide a really useful guide for how to fit your glove correctly.
Why do golfers take their glove off while putting?
A golf glove helps to hold the grip when swinging the club. Given that pro and amateur golfers generate a lot of clubhead speed gloves are particularly important. When putting, due to the slower swing speed over a short distance there is no need to wear a glove for grip of the club, unless you’ve left it particularly short! A lot of golfers also like to ‘feel’ the shot they take, and this is especially true when putting. It’s a general feeling among golfers that they get a better feel of the shot when not wearing a glove.
What type of Golf glove does Tiger Woods wear?
Tiger Woods, who has multi million dollar endorsements with Nike wears an all white Dry-Fit golf glove. Interestingly as we mentioned earlier, Tiger Woods golf glove isn’t regularly worn whilst chipping as he claims it gives him a better feel for the shot. If you would like to look at a similar glove to the Tiger Woods golf glove 2020 check out the Nike Golf Glove Mens Tour Classic White glove from Amazon.
What are the different types of Golf Glove?
Golf gloves are made from the following material:
- Blended hybrid material
Are Leather Golf Gloves any good?
The most used type of golf gloves is the leather glove. Leather gloves are in high supply in the market today. These types of gloves always remain soft and smooth this helps to reduce friction. Little wonder why it is used in many other sports and they can serve as the best golf gloves for beginners. Leather gloves can be used many times.
What are Synthetic Golf Gloves?
If you are in need of flexible golf gloves, then Synthetic gloves are your best bet. These gloves are more flexible than leather gloves and they are also more durable. Synthetic gloves are made with synthetic leather. This is what makes the gloves look like real leather. These gloves last longer and are more flexible, they often do not allow air to pass through them owing to the nature of their material. Synthetic gloves have proven to be more cheap and durable.
What are Hybrid golf Gloves
Like the name, the hybrid golf glove is a combination of leather and synthetic materials. With this type of glove, golf players get to experience quality, comfort, and ease. No doubts, this type of golf glove is also among the best for beginners.
What are the best golf Gloves for all types of golfers?
We’ve listed below our top 5 golf gloves to buy. See what you think and if you want to go straight to the product simply click the link in the description.
Fun Golf Average Golfer Choice:
Best Golf Glove for the Mid-handicap Golfer:
Best Golf Glove for the Senior Golfer:
Best Golf Glove for Women Golfers:
Best Golf Glove for Junior Golfers:
Don’t forget to learn everything you need to know about Rain Golf Gloves so that your game doesn’t get ruined when it gets wet. If your ready to take you game to the next level why not have a look at our Best 5 Golf Irons for 2021. Upgrading your clubs can help make serious improvements to your game.
While your there check out our Best 5 Putters reviews as well and choose a way to shave shots off your round, and we’ve also got a great selection of the best drivers to improve your game. We also have excellent reviews the the best budget rangefinders and the best golf balls for beginners.
So our best choice for golf gloves are the Callaway Golf Dawn Patrol Golf Gloves. We found this not only excellent value, but it was comfortable, very durable, provided excellent grip and looks stylish.
Comment below with what your favorite glove is and what type you wear? What do you think of the Tiger Woods Golf Glove? Do you even wear a glove? We’d love to find out.